OrderPaper Nigeria is seeking a driven and enthusiastic Associate Editor to join our team.
Who We Are
OrderPaper is a rapidly growing, independent media company based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Since 2015, our portfolio of influential digital publications has helped bridge the gap between people and parliament. Our successes and accomplishments are anchored on the ACT of Parliament’s principles of Authority, Confidentiality, and Trust as core values. Our service delivery is propelled by Dedication and Dependability; Innovation and Industry; Passion and Persistence.
Our growth is driven by a commitment to our mission: To provide simple and authoritative parliamentary data that empowers citizens to take action and enable informed decision-making by public and private entities.
Who You Are
- You are an ambitious self-starter and collaborative team player who is passionate about the legislature and the legislators, excels at being innovative, and has a strong interest in uncovering and writing stories that matter to your audience.
- You can work in a fast-paced environment with considerable deadline constraints.
- You have done it all, from producing deeply researched and reported features and quick turnaround news and trending stories, to managing ambitious editorial calendars and content packages.
- You are obsessed with finding the most compelling angle for any story and push your writers to dig deeper into the right details to transform a good article into a great one.
- Beyond creating catchy headlines and checking grammar and heading structure, you’re also alert for details that others might miss.
- You are dedicated to maintaining high standards of quality and ensuring that every piece of content published under your watch is top-notch.
What you will be doing
- Pitch, research, write and produce original stories that will engage and inform our audience.
- Develop content plans and story ideas that drive traffic and engagement
- Monitor data and metrics to analyse content performance and inform future content planning to replicate proven success (or change course as needed)
- Work closely with a Senior Editor to refine content plans and story ideas
- Provide guidance to writers on best practices
- Assign and edit multiple stories at various stages of completion
- Collaborate with the Business Development team on marketing plans
- Cultivate and develop working relationships with a large pool of sources and contacts
How your success will be measured
- Significantly increasing traffic to the website and social media channels through strategic content planning
- Significantly increasing the number of loyal readers and brand lovers (return visitors)
- Significantly increasing the number of people who subscribe to our newsletter(s) and visit our content through channels outside search
- Facilitating the production of multiple pieces of new content per week and overseeing an ongoing schedule of updates
- Seamlessly shifting or modifying content plans to address higher-priority traffic challenges or quick-win opportunities.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to seize new opportunities and address challenges
- Exhibiting a great attitude and ownership mentality with a convivial nature
Your skills set includes
- 2+ years’ experience as an editor, with a track record of managing a team of writers and meeting deadlines
- 2+ years’ experience in content strategy and editorial planning
- Intermediate WordPress skills
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- The ability to breathe life and inject humour into traditionally dry topics
- A creative mindset and ability to generate engaging content ideas
- Self-motivated and self-starter
Benefits and perks
- Competitive Salary
- Fully paid life and health insurance schemes
- Annual earned leave days
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Supportive work environment
How to apply:
- Apply by sending your CV and cover letter clearly stating your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
- State the position applied for in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.