At second plenary session of the Tenth House of Representatives, Speaker announces Rep. Khadija Buka Abba-Ibrahim (APC, Yobe) and Rep. Ikenga Ugochinyere (PDP, Imo) as spokesperson of the Green Chamber. Ebonyi Rep, Igariwey Iduma Enwo, to chair Rules and Business Committee
The House of Representatives has set up seven Special Committees for the effective take-off of the 10th Session in the Green Chamber of the National Assembly.
The Committees; Selection, Media and Publicity, Legislative Agenda, Rules and Business, Ethics and Privileges, Welfare and Internal Security were announced by Speaker Tajudeen Abbas on the floor of the House during plenary on Thursday.
Composition of the various committees as announced by the Speaker are as follows:
1. Selection: Chaired by the Speaker with the Deputy Speaker, Rep. Benjamin Kalu, as Deputy Chairman and membership to be drawn from each State of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
2. Media and Publicity: Chaired by Rep. Khadija Buka Abba-Ibrahim (APC, Yobe) and deputised by Rep. Ikenga Ugochinyere (PDP, Imo)
3. Legislative Agenda: Chaired by Rep. Julius Ihonvbere (APC, Edo)
4. Rules and Business: Chaired by Rep. Igariwey Iduma Enwo (PDP, Ebonyi)
5. Welfare: Chaired by Rep. Wale Raji (APC, Lagos)
6. Ethics and Privileges: Chaired by Rep. Tunji Olawuyi (APC, Kwara).
7. Internal Security: Chaired by Rep. Danjuma Hassan
The House thereafter adjourned plenary to July 4, with a mandate to the Special Committees to put things together for the smooth running of the House during the break.